My boys love fruit, but they also love cookies. My wife helped me adapt the recipe from the Lil Snappers website to create a cookie made of apples! Of course, I got to serve it to them, so I am the hero! This apple cookie recipe is made best with Lil Snappers Pink Lady Apples. They come in this kid-sized bag to hold the kid-sized fruit. They have a ton of kid-friendly recipes that are easy enough for dads to make. If your kids are old enough, they can even help you out. As you can see above, they love the end result, and gave me a lot of “Yummy Daddy” compliments. I am going to see if mommy will help us try out a few more recipes from the website.
Lil Snappers was created from Sunkist and Stemlit Growers coming together. They have created 3-pound bags that provide the perfect size treat for your perfect kid. They are great for after school snacks, lunches or creating yummy recipes like the one above. The Lil snapper apples are grown in Washington for that crisp taste. The pink lady apples that we used are the only truly pink apple out there. Isn’t that neat? When it is sliced it pairs best with peanut butter, cheese or well anything that tastes good with apples.
Apple Cookie Recipe
- 1 Lil Snapper Kid Size Apple
- 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts
- Place an apple on the cutting board with the step up
- Cut a thin slice from each side to reveal a flat edge
- Mark 3 equal slices with the knife on each side of the apple
- Slice the sides and pair similar sizes together to later become the cookie
- Put 1 T of peanut butter inside each cookie
- Squeeze the peanut butter out on the edge
- Roll the edges in the crushed peanuts
- Serve in a cupcake liner right away
Lil Snappers is currently available in Louisiana (New Orleans), Florida (Jacksonville) and North Carolina at the following locations: Rouse’s, Publix, Ingles Super Markets, Harris Teeter Super Markets, Winn Dixie Stores, and C&S Wholesale Groceries. If it is not at a store near you, ask your grocer to carry it! I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Lil Snappers. I received product samples to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.