I am a NETGEAR Ambassador and I received this product in exchange for my honest, unbiased opinion and review. We live in a rental house that is not in the best part of town. When I tried to find a house that was big enough for all of us that was affordable, this is what was available. The house itself is very nice, it is just the neighbors are a bit on the shady side. When we go out of town I worry about leaving the house unprotected. To give me peace of mind when we travel, I follow these 5 tips for keeping my house protected:
- Mail: Nothing says “I am not home” like a mailbox full of days worth of mail. Go online to the USPS website and put your mail on hold or ask a neighbor you trust to hold it for you. If you are expecting packages from UPS or FedEx, delay the delivery until you return home.
- Lights: Burglars are less likely to break into a home they think has someone in it. Put your lights and a TV on a timer so they are on at certain times of the day and night.
- Landscaping: Do not give burglars a place to hide or have foliage covering up areas you do not want hidden. Make sure you keep your bushes, trees and other landscape clear of debris and from being overgrown.
- Social Media: Do not post a status or tweet that you are going out of town. Save those vacation pictures you want to upload to your social media on hold until you get home.
- Security System: Invest in a security system for your home. I have the Arlo Security System with 2 HD Cameras, which retails for $350 from Netgear. You can also buy it on Amazon and other retailers that carry security and alarm systems.
I really love my Arlo Security System with 2 HD Cameras from Netgear. It was super easy to set up and it gives me that peace of mind I need when I am visiting my daughter. It is 100% Wire-Free HD Video and is Outdoor-Ready, has Night Vision, Motion Alerts and Free App & Cloud Storage. With an Arlo system, you have everything you need to secure your home. All you do is connect the base station to your WiFi router, sync your cameras, start up the free Arlo app, and you are done in no time. You can also upgrade your service plan and add more cameras with the touch of a button to make the most out of your system and keep your home as safe as you possibly can.
The Arlo system is not just for protecting your home. You can also use it for your business, dorm room or other dwelling. You can also use the Arlo system both inside and out, day or night. The cameras are weatherproof and the battery power can last up to 6 months. With the crystal clear live and recorded HD video, you can also keep an eye on the kids or your pets when you are not at home. The Arlo motion sensors automatically send alerts to your phone when movement is detected, and records to your free private cloud storage to review anytime. Arlo add-ons and accessories expand your system so it can go farther and see more. You can select the best mount for each location. No matter what you need Arlo to do, these extras make it simple. Be sure to follow Arlo on Facebook and Twitter.