Whether it’s for fun or business, travel can be harrowing and exhausting! If anyone knows that for sure, it’s me! I can’t count the times that I have been delayed, lost items, or forgotten some important ‘to do’ list task in the frenzy. It never fails that the flight isn’t on schedule or the security line is three times longer than expected. Then, to top it all off, my careful choosing of the perfect outfits when the clothes were packed, turns out to be pointless when everything arrives looking like wrinkled rags. Let’s face it, who really has time to iron their clothes? Why wouldn’t you want to know how to upgrade your travel experience? Hopefully, these tips can help get you started on the right track.
Upgrade your travel with these smart tips:
- Roll your clothes instead of folding them. A friend taught me this one years ago and I use it every time I pack! Not only does it keep the clothes from wrinkling so terribly, but they take up less space, leaving more room for other items.
- Put a dryer sheet in your suitcase. This will help keep your clothes smelling clean and fresh and you can use it to rub away static cling when you need your skirt to stop sticking to your tights!
- Use a pill case to store jewelry. It’s small and compact and has all those separate little compartments! You can organize by day, too, if you think that far ahead.
- Use an eyeglass case to keep cords together. Small cords like chargers and ear buds get tangled so easily. an eyeglass case can help keep them neatly put away but still very accessible.
- Use a binder clip to protect razor head. If you always lose that tiny plastic cover for your razor head like I do, you can use a binder clip o protect the blades until you arrive at your next destination.
- Store your bobby pins in old Tic Tac containers. This is genius! They are the perfect size for the bobby pins and you can shake out as few or as many as you need.
- Stash some emergency cash. You never know when you’re going to need some cash when you’re on the move. Stick some in a place that’s not obvious, so you don’t spend it, like an inside pocket of one of your travel bags.
- Bring a pillowcase with you. You can put a jacket inside it to use it for a pillow and you can use it as a laundry bag while you are away to keep dirty clothes in.
- Keep small necessities in a carry on bag. Just in case your checked luggage comes up missing, it’s great to have things like underwear, a toothbrush or feminine protection products close at hand.
- Store socks or hose inside shoes. For me, luggage space is always at a premium, so this is a great way to take advantage of every packable square inch.
One of the most dreaded parts of air travel is that endless security gate line. Thank goodness we live in 2015 and we can all get CLEAR Cards! This is a wonderful idea! For less than $15 a month you can register once in person and skip the lines for good. You will enjoy breezing right through the designated Clear gate with just your Clear Card. There will be real live humans there should you need any assistance, too. If this weren’t cool enough, it’s your retina and fingerprint scans that get you through, along with your card! The future is now!Check out all the features about CLEAR and see if there is a CLEAR airport near you.